You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Kelley Taylor’ tag.
In addition to connecting 80 women last Monday night and having the best time in the process, I also wanted to set a tone for the New Year that would motivate and inspire everyone who attended. After each of the attendees introduced herself and shared a success from 2008, I added a few thoughts of my own. Kelley Taylor requested a copy of my tips, so I thought I’d share them with everyone at the same time. Thanks for the nudge, Kell! Here’s what I said:
I want to call forth your ability BIG TIME in 2009. Here are three things I want to challenge you to do. And please, join forces with some of the incredible women here tonight to make this happen.
1. Use your gifts. Even if your calendar isn’t 100% booked with clients, figure out a way to continue your practice.
- Keep putting out what you do via direct mail, email, phone calls, flyers and networking.
- Barter – Offer your services/products in exchange for something you want or need.
- Give it away in demonstrations.
- Teach what you know.
- Change your offerings to match your clients’ needs.
2. Get out there in a big way. When I look around at you all and think about how you’ve come into my life, it was through following this advice. Here are some of the ways we’ve met:
- Go to networking meetings (EWN, WBDC, FNEW, etc.)
- Join BNI.
- Join Toastmasters.
- Start a blog or newsletter.
- Call 20 people in your Rolodex and ask them what their goals are for 2009.
- Make a commitment to one person here tonight for an action this week and follow up.
3. Stay positive!
- Make a date with someone you meet tonight and arrange coffee, tea or lunch.
- Throw a party! Collaborate with women you’ve met and send out the invitations. Make it pot luck. It doesn’t have to be expensive. We need to see and hear each other. Invite me!
Extra Credit assignment: Do all of the above.